We are very excited to announce the release of Foamshield™, our Perfect Wall exterior insulation technology.
FoamShield™ technology is one of the most durable and economical ways to insulate your home, achieving ultra-energy efficiency with cost-effective wood frame construction. Our energy models show that FoamShield™ is ideal for BC Step Codes 3, 4, 5, Net-Zero, IECC & More!
The FoamShield™ wall assembly consists of rigid Korolite® EPS insulation placed on the exterior of a conventional above-grade, uninsulated, 2×4 or 2×6 wood-frame wall with sheathing membrane.
By placing 100% Korolite EPS insulation on the outside of your sheathing, it provides you:
- Lower costs of 2×4 framing with no need for thick cavity insulation
- Superior moisture control with no interior vapor barrier needed
- No risk of condensation, rot, mold or thermal bridging as all studs, sheathing and rim joists stay at indoor temperature levels
- an open interior service wall cavity for easy access over the life of the building
- Easily optimized buildings for all climate zones and energy targets
- Durable, proven components that are easy to install
- 30 year R-value limited warranty
- Cozy, Healthy & Durable Buildings with lower environmental impacts